Access and Identity Management Specialist - Employment Development Department
Are you an experienced Information Technology (IT) professional? Are you looking for a fast-paced and challenging position that will provide you with wide range of IT experience, extensive variety, and frequent exposure to new technologies? Do you want to work with a talented team that is invested in your development? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
The Information Technology Branch of the Employment Development Department (EDD) is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and analytical Access and Identity Management Engineer to work directly with management, other technical Architects, Engineers and Associate service roles in the EnterpriseSecurity Operations Section, other Division Sections, Information Security Office, Enterprise IT and customers in support of the organization’sclient/server, multi-tier infrastructure.
The ideal specialist candidate will have experience in cloud Access and Identity Management Services. This technical resource will be responsible for EDD’s publicly used Authentication/Authorization infrastructure services. This public internet facing identity Authentication/Authorization service includes but is not limited to hardware/software, monitoring/reporting, and identity management database and applications. In addition, this technical resource will integrate compute, storage, applications, network and databases to utilize Active Directory services that are compliant with mandatory security controls. The position provides second and third tier operational support for services which the Access and Identity Management organization is responsible.
Position exists in downtown Sacramento.
EDD’s Headquarters office at 800 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, California.
- Close to major freeways, light rail and transit stops
- Enclosed bicycle parking
- Close to Old Sacramento, DoCo, shopping, restaurants and entertainment venues
- Close to Golden1 Center, River Cats @ Raley Field, and future projects at the Railyards
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- Knowledge and experience in designing, architecting, and implementing complex cloud platform services and applications
- Knowledge and experience in Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Risk-Based Conditional Access, or Entitlement Management
- Knowledge and experience in Application Proxy
- Knowledge and experience in Single Sign-On to Software as a Service applications
- Knowledge and experience in Access and Identity Management administration (Azure AD, ForgeRock, IBM, Okta, Oracle, or enterprise grade equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise application performance monitoring tools (SolarWinds, ELK for APM, or enterprise grade equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise application log aggregation tools (ELK, Splunk, or enterprise grade equivalent)
Job Code #: JC-239018
Working Title: Access and Identity Management Specialist
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST II