AD Exchange Architect - State Compensation Insurance Fund
State Fund has multiple positions available for AD Exchange Architects at our Vacaville or Pleasanton Information Technology locations. An AD Exchange Architect will act as a primary technical principal and is responsible for Active Directory architecture and the support of Exchange infrastructure enterprise wide within State Fund.
The position will focus on the design/support/migration/implementation of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange messaging platform. This position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual that excels at multi-tasking and has the ability to ramp up quickly in a dynamic, high-tech environment.
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, and opertion of large scale of MS Active Directory and Exchange infrastructure environment.
- Daily administration of an MS Exchange 2007 infrastructure with 8,000+ mailboxes in a multi-site environment.
- Responsible for group, and folder access management within Active Directory domain security structure.
- Assesses and recommends enhancements and improvements to the architecture of supported platforms, in addition to active involvement in the upgrades of those environments.
- Supports the additional technologies employed in the directory and messaging environments including anti-virus (McAfee MSME), monitoring (SCOM), and wireless technologies including Active Sync and Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- Troubleshoots any and all problems that arise with directory or messaging production environments.
- Handles Tier-2 Level support issues for the servers and platforms involved. Participates in the performance of daily system checks; i.e., backups, event logs.
- Designs and creates scripts to assist in automation of administration.
- Creates documentation for the Messaging environment.
- Provides assistance to desktop and ServiceDesk teams with handheld device troubleshooting efforts.
- Sets up Backup/Recovery procedures and implements these procedures on servers.
- Provides On-call and off-hours system support.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0
- Detailed knowledge of Windows operating systems and tools
- Basic conceptual knowledge of SCM (software configuration management)
- Experience working in a virtualized environment (e.g. VMware)
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 2k3\2K8\2K10 Server Operating Systems
- Minimum of 4+ years of robust technical experience supporting multi-site Active Directory and Exchange environment
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Network management (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Back Office Suite server products
- Experience building and supporting virtual server infrastructures using VMware ESX
- Experience administering Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)
- Strong familiarity with Active Directory configuration, troubleshooting, and best practices
- Solid understanding of group policy design and administration
- Understanding of networks and firewall systems
- Troubleshooting issues based on user response
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook client functionality, excel in troubleshooting issues including user profiles and other client platforms
- Strong knowledge of underlying supporting technologies and protocols – DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Familiarity with antivirus software for Exchange – McAfee MSME a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Exchange snapshot backup technology
- Scripting experience and fluent in at least one scripting language: VB Script or Windows PowerShell
Job Code #: JC-229653
Working Title: AD Exchange Architect
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST II