Applications Manager I - Department of Motor Vehicles
This position is located at the DMV Headquarters in Sacramento.
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Information Systems Division (ISD) is seeking an innovative individual to serve as Manager for our Website Services Group. The Information Technology (IT) Manager I will direct application support and development activities for DMV’s public-facing web applications. The incumbent supports internal projects and inter-departmental projects that interface with its core business applications. The incumbent is responsible for workforce and succession planning, IT budgeting and procurement, and strategic planning. Through subordinate staff, the incumbent in Website Services Group is responsible for gathering business requirements to design systems, developing technical specifications program, testing and implementing new applications and/or services, and enhancing existing systems. The incumbent serves as Technical Manager for various IT projects.
- Proficient managerial or supervisory skills.
- Experience in effectively planning, organizing, directing, delegating, and supervising complex work of a multidisciplinary staff.
- Experience in project management and SDLC methodologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize workload to accommodate changing priorities.
- Ability to analyze information and make decisions in a competent and timely manner.
- Positive attitude.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.