Database Administrator - Capitol Tech Solutions
Capitol Tech Solutions is looking for a driven Database Administrator who is not only strong technically but is innovative, motivated, and diligent database administrator for a fast-growing digital consulting company. Applicants with the ability to demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills are desired, along with the ability to interact with clients technically. You will be a member of our development team in a highly fast pace and cutting-edge environment.
CTS specializes in providing complete custom build software, application modernization, and data driven solutions for public and private sector clients. Our team has years of experience building well-structured software applications that meet and exceed client expectations for agencies and organizations throughout Northern California. To find out more, visit our website at www.capitoltechsolutions.com
As a Database Administrator you’ll focus on analytics for new and existing multiyear Data Warehouse program as the technical specialist for our government clients. Working on a modern technical platform (Azure, Snowflake) to help our client create cloud-based data warehouses and gain insights from meaningful data visualizations (Power BI). With strong attention to detail in project management you’ll provide leadership, solutions, and support others with your expertise.
- Creates and maintains databases for development, test, training, stage, and production environments.
- Implements and enforces database security
- Evaluates and implements new releases of software and security updates.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Optimize SQL queries to improve performance and reduces cloud infrastructure costs.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages, and procedures.
- Monitors database performance and tunes application queries as required.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Participate in the ETL process to ensure data meets all validation requirements on import.
- Troubleshoots any problems regarding the databases, applications, and development tools.
- Work open cases to support and resolve databases issues.
- Supports and maintains backup and recovery plans of the databases.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Support implementation of cloud data platform and cloud related architectures (Snowflake, Azure)
- Design advanced data visualizations (Power BI)
- Participate in Agile development cycles
- Provides instruction and guidance to junior database administrators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relational database management administration with 3+ years’ experience as an Engineer
- 3+ years of experience in data warehousing/BI/analytics.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working in Cloud platforms
- Experience with design, build and operationalization of large-scale enterprise data solutions using one or more of Azure data and analytics services in combination with 3rd party tools
- Experience with design and implementation of data engineering, ingestion, and curation functions on Azure, using Azure native or custom programming
- Experience with data cleansing, profiling, and domain-specific data quality assessment
- Experience integrating cloud data (OCI, AWS, Azure) solutions with existing/third party IT systems
- Knowledge of migration, dev/ops, ETL/ELT, and BI required
- Hands on experience on Agile practices and Scrum process.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
$75,000-$100,000 per year depending on experience
- Bonuses available based on performance
- 10 days of PTO
- Paid Holidays
- 99% Medical/Dental paid
- 401K + Employer Match
Able to work in Sacramento, CA. Hybrid Workplace – 3 days in the office and 2 days remote
Job Type: Full-time
Send Resumes to: Justino Santana, Director of People at firstname.lastname@example.org