Enterprise Systems Architect - Department of Public Health
This position supports the California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) mission and strategic plan by optimizing data and technology by promoting an ecosystem of data sharing and leveraging technology to enhance the services that CDPH provides to the residents of California.
Under general direction of the Information Technology Manager I (ITM I), the Information Technology Specialist II (ITS II) and working with the Chief Systems Architecture Services Section, the incumbent serves as an Enterprise Systems Architect (ESA) as part of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) team.
The ESA will assist in the implementation and support of the Enterprise Architecture Program (EAP) to provide a proactive analyzing, designing, planning and implementing of enterprise standards, policies and governance to successfully align and execute business strategies/goals. The ESA will be part of an Enterprise Architecture team in assisting with responses and guidance to support large scale, statewide suite of applications, systems and infrastructure that will provide a cohesive platform for data management, sharing and efficiencies on an enterprise level for the business and its programs. The ITS II will work within the Systems Engineering domain.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- Proven knowledge of enterprise application/system architectures and its interoperability
- Experience with the design/development, security, standards and governance of on-premise and cloud environment business applications/solutions
- Excellent technical, analytical and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to provide architectural consulting services to technical and business teams
- Ability to develop clear, accurate, and concise reports, correspondence, memorandums, and other types of written communication to document architectural standards, requirements and decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-discipline work groups
Job Code #: JC-231152
Working Title: Enterprise Systems Architect
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST II