Information Technology Specialist I (ITS I) - Department of Social Services
It is highly recommended that applicants submit their application and supporting documents online through the Cal Career Account.
We are seeking a highly motivated & qualified individual to join our Cloud and Business Intelligence Bureau as an Information Technology Specialist I (ITS I). Under the direction of the Information Technology Supervisor II (IT Sup. II), the ITS I performs a variety of tasks related to the analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation and maintenance of SharePoint services for the California Department of Social Services’ Divisions and Branches.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
This work location is very convenient! The CDSS is located two blocks from the light rail and public transportation; within walking distance to the State Capitol, parks, restaurants, farmer’s markets and the Golden 1 Arena. Our building has easy access to I-5, Highway 50 and Highway 80.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- Knowledge and experience supporting and administring Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online, and On-prem environments.
- Extensive hands-on experience with PowerShell to administer SharePoint environments.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SharePoint development.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Power BI to create reports and dashboards.
- Ability to troubleshoot the most complex information technology systems.
- Ability to analyze and define problems, and recommend effective solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including IT documentation
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Understanding of the importance of good customer service and the necessity of effective communication to meet customer’s business needs.
Working Title: Information Technology Specialist I (ITS I)
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST I