IT Business Function Analyst - CA Earthquake Authority
Under direction of the IT Architecture Director, the IT Business Function Analyst will serve as the IT liaison and primary point of contact to CEA business partners for all matters requiring IT solutions or services. This position will perform research analysis work of above-average difficulty required to determine the technology solutions or services necessary to meet CEA business needs. The analyst will be responsible for implementing the tactics, and techniques required to accurately and comprehensively 1) define the business request by establishing the current and ideal future business state, 2) analyze the difference between the current and ideal future business state to establish the scope of the business request, 3) develop a list of required business acceptance criteria, and 4) effectively and efficiently communicate the scope of the business request including requirements and business acceptance criteria to IT technical resources. The analyst will act as an advocate of the requested business function(s) throughout the solution design process. Additionally, the analyst will be the IT liaison to the business requestor and provide recurring IT work updates, status, options, and issues to the requestor throughout the IT development and implementation process. The analyst will be responsible for assuring that the business requestor is informed and understands the IT solution or service.
The incumbent in this position primarily performs duties in the Business Technology Management domain, but may perform work in other domains, including but not limited to Solution Integration or Project Management as assigned.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, IT, or closely related major
- 3 year practical experience in software or system engineering, such as software development, system installation, deployment and/or configuration.
- 3 year practical experience in cloud services, Azure resources, Web Analytics
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to understand the bigger picture
- Ability to manage and direct business functional change requests
Job Code #: JC-229882
Working Title: IT Business Function Analyst
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST I