Performance Engineer - Direct Technology
Direct Technology is looking for a Performance Engineer for a contract position in Sacramento, CA for a government client. The duration of the position is 1 year and has flexibility for remote work.
Understand and help implement Agile DevOPs code management practices. Provide integrated testing guidelines and procedures for including unit tests and API tests into continuous integration and delivery pipelines. Provide metrics for managing quality and quantity of unit and API tests per release. Design an effective testing initiative that incorporates developer-led best practices such as continuous integration, static code analysis, peer review and unit testing Develop detailed performance test plans to include Stability, Stress and Load, and Performance to ensure that components and interfaces have proper test coverage and solution meets requirements.
- Align detailed test planning and execution with overall client strategy; provide updates as needed due to changes in requirements, Interfaces Agreements, Interface Specifications or any other changes.
- Develop performance test scripts to conduct Stability, Stress and Load, Performance testing to validate system meets the technical and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with support staff and developers to define and develop good unit test and API test practices to enable CI/CD pipelines to decrease code delivery cycle time.
- Work with support staff as listed above to understand the client’s infrastructure and applications architecture.
- Conduct detailed automated unit test training and test plan execution in CI/CD environments, track and document defects; develop and provide test results for review by client and stakeholders.
- Ensure that any automated solution delivered is tested properly and provides traceability to the documented requirements.
- Support and participate in all other test activities as needed and directed.
- Provide detailed technical knowledge transfer to client staff on DevOps, CI/CD, Unit test prep and execution, using Agile test strategies.
- Attend and/or facilitate meetings and technical training as needed.
- Provide weekly status and inform management of any issues that require escalation.
- Understand the core client systems and client technical environments as needed.
The Consultant, in the role as a senior performance tester, shall engage in and complete knowledge transfer of the performance testing process that has been used for the client’s applications. This knowledge shall be transferred to the client staff by job shadowing and collaboratively documenting all necessary and applicable processes. This knowledge transfer shall commence at the time the staff is identified and available for this knowledge transfer but shall be no later than May 2022. The knowledge transfer shall be completed prior to the end of this contract term.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in non-functional performance test automation.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience using build automation tools such as Jenkins, SonarCube, and Selenium.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience at a senior technical level leading fully automated delivery and integration efforts with CI/CD pipelines.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience developing complex systems with integrated unit testing.
- Minimum five (7) years of Java used in developing enterprise applications and custom solutions.
- Five (5) years of experience testing using automated testing tools.
- Experience with Jenkins and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using various source repositories and versioning systems integrated with automatic build pipelines.
- Knowledge of complex enterprise system architecture, system performance monitoring and tracking tools, SpringBoot and Java.