Planning Manager-Department of Business Oversight
The Department of Business Oversight is recruiting for one permanent, full-time Information Technology Manager I position in the Information Technology Office. This position is located in the Sacramento office. This recruitment may be used to fill subsequent vacancies of these positions within the next 180 days.
Under general direction from the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Information Technology Manager I in the Planning Management Section serves as the section manager. The incumbent supervises and directs intake, project, portfolio, release, contract and analyst staff. The incumbent will serve as a key resource for ITO by evaluating all requests for IT related work (defects, enhancements, projects, new technology, processes, industry IT Standards, IT procurements and contracts and work with peers in the Information Technology Office to plan, assign, manage and update related tasks. The incumbent will also serve as the co-Chair on the Information Technology Change Advisory Board and serve as a consultant to the CIO on department related IT issues. Works in step with the Enterprise Architect to analyze and evaluate innovative technology initiatives for the department.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
The Sacramento office is located in north Natomas. The Natomas office offers FREE PARKING, is easily accessible from INTERSTATES 5 and 80, and is also close to various dining and shopping choices in the Natomas area.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- Two years of experience as an Information Technology Supervisor I or one year of experience as an Information Technology Supervisor II.
- Six years of information technology experience performing a variety of progressively responsible technical, analytical, or supervisory tasks in support of computer systems or services in one or more of the major six domains or a closely related or emerging IT field.
- Two years of experience performing highly specialized work in a lead capacity on highly complex or specialized information technology systems or services, or in a progressively responsible supervisory capacity over highly complex or specialized information technology systems or services.
- Three years’ experience working in or managing staff in a Software Development group that addressed IT system support in emergency fixes, defects, enhancements, business analysis, development and testing.
- Three years’ experience serving in a Project Manager role for highly complex IT projects
- Two years’ experience working with IT Contract and Procurement staff developing necessary artifacts for IT Contracts and Procurements.
- Two years working with Portfolio Management processes. Assessing and prioritizing IT related projects, developing roadmaps and reporting on Project Status both internally and to external stakeholders.
- Ability to compile data, analyze, summarize and present findings to Senior and Executive Management Teams, Internal and External Stakeholders including Vendors.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture framework and understanding the nuances of an IT Strategic Plan to determine innovative solutions for department initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop, streamline and update IT related processes.
Job Code #: JC-216254
Position #(s): 410-113-1405-300
Working Title: Planning Manager
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER I