Portfolio Planning Management Branch Chief - Department of Developmental Services - Headquarters
The Portfolio Planning Management Branch Chief is accountable for the successful management of the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) project portfolio. This includes all reportable projects and their project teams and non-reportable projects that are supervised by the Project Management Office Supervisor.
The Portfolio Planning Management Branch Chief provides leadership and guidance for all projects supporting an area of the business – including establishing and enforcing project management standards, artifacts and policies. You will manage the relationship between IT and business area owners to ensure that the Information Technology Division (ITD) is proactively identifying and providing strategic opportunities to advance the business goals of the area through technology.
The Portfolio Planning Management Branch Chief will direct the branch of other supervisors, and reportable project staff including the project managers, business analysts, technical architects, and other technical staff, including consultants, brought on to plan and implement reportable projects.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- Strong leadership skills in a complex environment with multiple competing priorities and demands.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing or implementing a major cloud service, such as Application as a Service or other similar virtual IT environment.
- Experience managing vendors and IT Projects.
- Experience managing a wide variety of technical subject matter experts.
- Ability to plan, organize, facilitate, and coordinate multiple projects operating under strict guidelines and timeframes.
- Ability to work across diverse teams of technical, business and executive staff and managing organizational and technological change.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) desired, but not required.
Job Code #: JC-238856
Working Title: Portfolio Planning Management Branch Chief
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER I