Procurement Officer-Department of Technology
Under the direction of the Information Technology (IT) Manager I, the IT Specialist I has responsibility for development of innovative procurement approaches and coordinates and controls all aspects of difficult and sensitive acquisitions related to reportable IT and Telecommunications (Telecom) projects in accordance with Public Contract Code (PCC) Sections 12100 and 12120 and compliance with the Project Approval Lifecycle (PAL) Framework.
The IT Specialist I position is designated under the Conflict of Interest Code. The position is responsible for making, or participating in the making of, governmental decisions that may potentially have a material effect on personal financial interests. The appointee is required to complete Form 700 within thirty (30) days of appointment. Failure to comply with the Conflict of Interest Code requirements may void the appointment.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
- Must be able to travel to customer department sites primarily in Sacramento County; however, occasional travel to other locations within California may be required.
- May be required to work outside of normal business hours and telework.
- Must be required to carry a mobile computing device (e.g., cell phone, laptop).
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- Working knowledge of IT and Telecom project procurement methodologies and fundamentals.
- Knowledge of business/systems analysis and requirements development best practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of project, contract, and/or vendor management methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with State-level policies and procedures relating to the acquisition of statewide IT and Telecom goods and services.
- Experience in principles, practices, and trends of IT and Telecom acquisitions.
- Experience in current computer industry technology and best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others as demonstrated by strong written and verbal communication skills, strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternatives, make decisions, and take appropriate action.
- Ability to handle multiple project simultaneously and accept challenges.
- Ability to establish and maintain priorities.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, independence of action and originality, and must demonstrate tact and good independent judgement.
- Ability to effectively plan, coordinate, manage, and direct the activities of various teams.
Job Code #: JC-215946
Position #(s): 695-440-1402-089
Working Title: Procurement Officer
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST I