Project Manager (FMS)-Department of Social Services
It is highly recommended that applicants submit their application (STD.678) and supporting documents online through the Cal Career Account. Applications must include complete Employment History information with Duties Performed; those with “see resume” will not be considered. A resume does not take the place of the completed application (STD. 678) or supporting documents such as a Statement of Qualifications. A complete application demonstrates the candidate’s ability to read and follow written instruction and present proficient writing skills.
The Department of Social Services, Information Systems Division (ISD) has an opening for an Information Technology Manager I (ITM I). The position is located at 744 P Street, Sacramento, CA 95814.
The Information Technology Manager I (ITM I) is the Project Manager supporting the Facility Management System (FMS) Project and the FMS Unit within ISD. The ITM I provides management of the FMS Project in compliance with State Project Approval Lifecycle (PAL) requirements and provides leadership and subject matter expertise to the FMS Project. The ITM I provides the highest level of project management, decision making and communications, works collaboratively with the Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) to ensure project success and serves as the primary liaison between the project, project sponsors and governance committees, responds to control agency required reporting. In addition to supporting the project, the ITM I supports the CDSS executive staff and ISD technology initiatives, directives, security protocols and other high-level technical specialist activities.
The ITM I manages the FMS Unit and supervises, at minimum: one (1) IT Specialist II, one (1) IT Specialist I and one (1) IT Associate as well as various contractors and consultants. As such, the ITM I supervises subordinate staff and is responsible for communicating expectations, responding to personnel actions, monitoring and reporting staff performance, corrective actions and directing staff work to ensure project success.
This position represents ISD when interacting and communicating with various programs, agencies and funding agencies. The position must possess excellent management, technical, analytical, verbal and written communication skills. The position communicates directly with executive management providing project status, risks and issues. Position may attend and participate in various project meetings or IT related conferences which may require local or statewide travel. Position is required to follow State prescribed IT security and privacy protocols and cooperate with and maintain compliance with control agencies.
All eligible applicants may apply. SROA/Surplus candidates are encouraged to apply.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
This work location is very convenient! The CDSS is located two blocks from the light rail and public transportation; within walking distance to the State Capitol, parks, restaurants, farmer’s markets and the Golden 1 Arena. We offer an onsite cafeteria, onsite Golden 1 ATM, workout room and onsite day care services. Our building has easy access to I-5, Highway 50 and Highway 80.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- State IT management experience.
- Highly skilled Project Management experience, Certification is highly desired
- Knowledge of the California Department of Technology’s Project Approval Lifecycle (PAL), and oversight requirements
- Knowledge of project management concepts, principles, practices, and processes prescribed by the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Experience with project management charters, WBS, plans, schedules, risk and issue analysis.
- Previous experience managing large size enterprise projects of high risk and visibility.
- Previous experience managing projects that establish new IT service offerings.
- Proficient in MS Suite including Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Knowledge of IT Systems Development Life Cycle work processes.
- Knowledge of CDT platforms, telecommunications network and CDT service offerings.
- Experience with Budget and Cost analysis.
- Experience with Contract Management and Procurement processes.
- Knowledge of complex customer service and support principles in an IT environment.
- Knowledge of complex procedures to ensure production or delivery of complex products and services, including complex tools and mechanisms for hosting services.
- Knowledge of business and technology practices within a service industry setting. Experience with IT control agencies in development of an IT project.
- A demonstrated interest in working with diverse teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions, influence others.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to priorities to coincide with overall Division and Department priorities.
Job Code #: JC-215481
Position #(s): 800-710-1405-910
Working Title: Project Manager (FMS)
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER I