Project Manager - Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP)
Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) offers a diverse solution portfolio that allows organizations to better align strategy to execution. Our four core disciplines – Management Consulting, DevOps, Software Quality Management and Organizational Development – provide the visibility, planning, and agility needed to accelerate strategic change. Today, more than hundreds of organizations have made the right business improvements to optimize processes, instill governance, ensure security, build future leaders and capitalize on success. Founded in 1996, VIP has delivered measurable results for commercial, federal and state and local organizations big and small. VIP has offices across the U.S., including its corporate headquarters in Folsom, CA. For more information please visit www.trustvip.com.
Join VIP: A strategic approach to accelerate your career! This role is based at the client site in Sacramento, CA.
In this role, the Project Manager will organize and facilitate agile ceremonies as part of our development lifecycle. The Project Manager will work closely with one or more cross-functional teams comprised of developers, designers, testers, and product owners. They will also take pride in being part of a high functioning team focused on enabling our clients and doing whatever it takes to help them deliver a compelling and effective experience to their learners.
- Act as primary interface with the project team
- Provide day-to-day management of the project including overall performance and contract compliance
- Manage the project to the current work plans and coordinate the availability of scheduled resources to the project
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the project director
- Provide the project team with written status reports, and keep them informed of project progress versus the work plans
- Maintain issue reporting, tracking, escalation, and resolution procedures
- Conduct ongoing reviews with the project team members and ensure issue escalation procedures are followed and issues are resolved
- Identify any potential problem areas, recommend solutions, and work closely and cooperatively with the Client
- Inform project management office of any issues that might cause project delays
- Prepare budgetary updates based on the schedule of payments
- Monitor and maintain the contract’s financial budget
- Ensure the timely development and delivery of quality project deliverables
- Monitor and maintain the development and implementation schedules
- Analyze progress and suggest changes as deemed appropriate
- Oversee preparation of all documents, correspondence, and meeting agendas
- Develop and implement a quality assurance process to ensure all objectives are met, milestones are achieved, and stakeholders are satisfied
- Institute and maintain quality control over all deliverables submitted for review
- 8+ years of State of CA experience with legacy replacement
- Experience working with multiple vendors (desirable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.