Senior Container Application Consultant (West Region: Remote)-Red Hat
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Container Application Senior Consultant to join us. In this role, you will specialize in the design and development of automated container platforms, deployment pipelines, and cloud-ready application architectures. You’ll learn to design and guide implementations of cloud-ready applications and deployment pipelines on large-scale container platform clusters using Java, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, and Red Hat OpenShift. As a Container Application Senior Consultant, you won’t be expected to know everything on day one, but your ability to learn new technology quickly will be essential. This is a remote based job that can be located anywhere in the U.S. within close proximity to an airport. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Design automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions with a focus on application concerns, including cloud-ready distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines
- Assist in presales discovery and solutions development
- Learn new technologies quickly, including topics like container orchestration, container registries, container build strategies, and microservices on container platforms
- Frequent travel in the future will be required to work alongside leading financial services, retail, telecommunication, and institutional customers, in line with Red Hat COVID guidelines
- 8+ years of software architecture experience; 4+ of those years specifically focused on cloud-ready application design and deployment
- Some experience with Linux, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or a derivative
- Solid creative problem-solving skills
- Background working in a strategic advisory capacity with senior IT and business executives
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.