Technical Project Manager - Public Employees Retirement System
CalPERS seeks an Information Technology Specialist II in the Technology Business Management Division, Project Management Office.
Under the general supervision of the Project Management & Support Services (PMSS) Manager, Information Technology Manager I, this position is responsible planning, management, and delivery of highly complex, technology focused Information Technology (IT) projects. Works independently as the recognized technical specialist on the maintenance of the most complex software systems and software projects, and/or acts as a leader on projects involving the most complex technical configurations.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- Experience in the role of a Senior Technical Project Manager.
- Strong understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Program Management expertise including enforcing governance principles.
- Experience managing Security Projects/Security Initiatives.
- Experience using Planview project scheduling tool.
- Ability to be a self-starter, plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and lead other staff members.
- Excellent analytical skills for evaluating business needs and developing innovative solutions.
- Ability to exhibit team building skills, facilitate meetings with stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal relationship management, time management, research/information-gathering skills with the proven ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
Working Title: Technical Project Manager
Classification: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST II